Your Children's Music Education and how Crucial it is to their Development.
Do you KNOW why Music Education is important?
Do you understand how it can put your child above the rest of the class?
Well let me tell you the good news....
Unfortunately music lessons have been cut in our many of our schools. If you've been affected by such cuts, tell me your story
1. Students in high-quality school music programs score higher on standardized tests compared to students in schools with deficient music education programs, regardless of the socioeconomic level of the school or school district.
2. Students in top-quality music programs scored 22% better in English and 20% better in math than students in deficient music programs.
3. Students in top-quality instrumental programs scored 19% higher in English than students in schools without a music program.
4. Students in top quality instrumental programs scored 17% higher in Math than children in schools without a music program.
5. Students at schools with excellent music programs had higher English and Math test scores across the country than students in schools with low-quality music programs.
6. Students in all regions with lower-quality instrumental programs scored higher in English and Math than students who had no music at all.
MENC (Music Educators National Conference) Journal of Research in Music Education, Winter 2006, vol. 54, No. 4, pgs. 293- 307; “Examination of Relationship between Participation in School Music Programs of Differing Quality and Standardized Test Results” Christopher M. Johnson and Jenny E. Memmott, University of Kansas
In 2006, SAT takers with coursework/experience in music performance scored 57 points higher on the verbal portion of the test and 43 points higher on the math portion than students with no coursework or experience in the arts.
Scores for those with coursework in music appreciation were 62 points higher on the verbal and 41 points higher on the math portion.
– The Student Descriptive Questionnaire, a self-reported component of the SAT that gathers information about students’ academic preparation, gathered data for these reports. Source: The College Board, Profile of College-Bound Seniors National Report for 2006;
Click here for a video about kids getting smarter through music
And click here to start your child's musical journey....
Have You Witnessed The Effects Of