In order to know if your phone is damaged or not just try and look out for your water damage indicator. And depending on your model the water damage indicator will be in a different place. Say for example for the iPhone 4 and 4s it is generally in the charging port, for the iPhone 5, 5c, 5s and SE it is in the sim card slot, for the iPhone 6, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6 plus it is in the sim card tray slot, and for the iPhone 7 and 7s it is again in the sim card try slot.
The samsung galaxy repair indicator is a small little white tab that turns red when it is wet and is enough to damage the entire device. So if this is something that has turned out to be red in your device then let me tell you that your device has a problem.
What Has to Be Done When iPhone Is In Water??
If you think your phone is damaged after getting wet in the water then following are some of the steps that you will have to follow.
- Turn of your phone immediately, as this helps In removing the chances of your phone leading into shot circuit and need for it of being repaired.
- Remove your case if you have any or anything that is giving a way the water to enter into your phone.
- Removing the SIM card tray as this might also have water in it.
- Giving your phone a wipe down with an absorbent cloth.
- Wrapping a small piece of the absorbent cloth around the tooth pick pin, and using it to soak water that has gone into the charging port, headphone jack or the sim card tray.
- Leaving your phone in such a place that it could dry easily and let it be in the air as much as it can without going ahead and turning it on.
- Wait for a long time as much as possible. This is the most important step that you need to if your phone has fallen into water as it leads to a shot circuit in the phone. So try and at least wait for some 48 hours or 72 hours which is even better. And if you wait for a week then the chances are that the water is completely gone.
So whatever action you take once you have the phone fallen in water then let me tell you that it will either break or repair your phone. So what other tips would you like to add above. How have these turned out to work for you. Do leave your comments below and we will be happy to hear from you.